Thursday 13 October 2016

MUA Shimmer Highlighter

 This has to be my favourite highlighter ever! MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter in Iridescent Gold.

I have tired many highlighters in the past and they have either been not very pigmented or have odd colour undertones. But this one was lovely.

I purchased this in my local Superdrug for £3!! Yes £3! For a drugstore highlighter this is amazing, the price is so affordable and the quality of this is spectacular.

I never really thought of using highlighters before because I have oily skin so I thought wearing it would make my skin look more oily. So I wanted to buy a cheaper one to try first just in case I didn't get on with it. This is the one I picked up because I had heard a lot of good reviews on this so wanted to give it a try. I tried it once a fell in love. It doesn't make my skin look oily, it makes it look glowy and fresh and I will definitely be re purchasing this when I hit pan. It is a natural colour and doesn't make it obvious that you are wearing highlighter, it gives you a fresh natural glow which I think is really good, because with other ones that I have tried, you can see the line where you have applied it and it looks nice but doesn't look right if you know what I mean! But this one doesn't at all its a fantastic product.





When you first go to use the product I would say there is a film type coating over it, I don't know if it's on all of them but I found this on mine. When you use it for the first time it isn't very pigmented. But after a couple of uses it becomes a lot more  pigmented and bright. I have inserted a picture of the colour pay off on my arm on the right. For a drugstore highlighter I think it is really good. Its not as good as some higher end ones like the Urban Decay ones but for £3 you can't go wrong!
I don't just use it as just my highlighter, if I'm having a day where I want a simple natural eye look I will go for this as an all over colour, because it adds a subtle shimmer to the eye while making your eyes look bright and awake.
 
This is definitely an all round fantastic highlighter and I am looking forward to trying more of MUA's products because they are a really good quality and affordable makeup brand!
 
twitter - @MakeupBySLG


No comments:

Post a Comment